When it comes to Social Media – all of us are learning. Some of us faster than others. You should be able to benefit from the successes, failures and experiments of other event professionals.
Think of this list as a “social media launching pad” to get your event’s social media program off the ground in a hurry. If you use all of the resources here – then you will find yourself inside a collaborative community of event professionals that are leading the events industry into the world of social media.
The list is loosely organized by category. Though, some articles could belong to several categories.
As a starting point, watch this video of David Meerman Scott talking about Social Media in Events to the CMP Conclave in San Antonio, Texas last summer.
Resources & Communities of Practice
1. Free Social Media in Events ebook. Three excerpts from this ebook. that you might find interesting:
- Events and Social Media 2010 — Changes Comin’ On
- The Four Cs Of Conferences & Social Media
- 10 Ways Social Media Will Transform Events
2. EventProfs Twitter Group: Self-organized community of Event Professionals
Planning Your Event
6. Social Media For Events: 101 (Link to 10 Social Media in Events Articles)
Promoting Your Event
Social Media Marketing Guide by Anne Thornley-Brown
Social Networking & Community Building
21. Pre-Event Community Building (Excellent Resource)
Backchannel and Twitter
Other Useful Resources
I am not omniscient and I didn’t stay the night in a Holiday Inn Express. So, I probably missed some useful resources – like like your killer blog post or awesome online magazine article. Please accept my apology and use the comments section to add it to the list.